Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Rainbow Ice-cream Soda snow skin mooncake
90 gm. fried glutinous rice flour (Kao fen)
10 gm. tang mien flour
30 gm. shortening
40 gm. icing sugar
200 gm. ice-cream soda or 7-up
little pandan, pink, lemon yellow colouring
600 gm. lotus paste
30 gm. melon seeds
(1) Sift the glutinous rice flour and wheat starch into a mould.
(2) Add in icing sugar and shortening and mix till thoroughly mixed.
(3) Pour in ice-cream soda and mix into a soft pliable dough.
(4) Divide dough into 4 portions. Add colouring to each portion, leaving one portion white.
(5) Place each dough between plastic sheets and roll into a rectangular flat piece of the same size. Stack the dough on top of one another, then roll into a swiss roll.
(6) Cut into 6 equal pieces. Divide the lotus paste fillings into 6 portions.
(7) Roll the spiral part into a flat piece and wrap with lotus paste filling. Press into a mooncake mould then knock out.
(8) Chill before serving.