Thursday, September 14, 2006
Honey Dew Mousse cake
Ingredients for sponge:
4 nos. eggs
250 gm. optima flour
70 gm. water
1 tsp. ovalette
1 tsp. vanilla essence
70 gm. cornoil
330 gm. Honeydew flesh - blended into puree
2 Tbsp. Gelatine powder
5 Tbsp. Water
250 gm. Non dairy whipping cream
4 Tbsp. icing sugar
For decoration: 200 gm. Non-Dairy Whipping cream, some slice honeydew and some apricot gel for glazing
(1) Whisk eggs, optima flour, water and ovalette till thick and fluffy.
(2) Add in vanilla essence and cornoil and fold gently.
(3) Pour into a 9" round tin and bake at 175C for about 45 mins. or till cooked.
(4) Invert over a wire rack and leave cake to cool completely.
(5) Blend honeydew flesh finely.
(6) Mix gelatine powder and water and let it sit for 5 mins. to bloom. Then microwave or double boil till gelatine melts. Pour gelatine mixture into blended honeydew.
(7) Fold in whip cream cream.
(8) Slice cake into 3 layers.
(9) Place cake into a cake ring, then pour 1/2 portion of the mousse onto the cake.
(10) Top up with another layer of sponge cake and pour the other 1/2 mousse on top and cover with the last layer of sponge cake. Leave in the fridge to chill and set.
(11) Remove cake from cake ring and then spread whipped cream all over the cake and pipe some whip cream at the side.
(12) Decorate with some fresh sliced honeydew and glaze fruit with some apricot gel.
Note: Mix some apricot gel with water and slightly warm over stove till gel melts then brush over the fruits.