Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Pandan Angku Kueh
220 gm. of split-skinned green beans (soaked for at least 4 hours then steam)
120 gm. sugar
100 gm. water
1/4 tsp. salt
50 gm. cooking oil
2 - 3 pcs of pandan leaves
(1) After soaking the beans for 4 hours, steam the beans for about 45 mins. till soft then blend it while hot till fine.
(2) Boil water, sugar , salt and pandan leaves in a wok till boiling point.
(3) Pour in blended beans and fry.
(4) Add in oil and fry till almost dry and well mixed.
(5) Remove from fire and set aside to cool.
(6) Divide into small portions according to your mould..about 20 gm.
Ingredients for skin:
200 gm. glutinous rice flour
75 ml. thick coconut milk (if you don't like coconut milk, substitute with evaporated milk)
75 ml. pandan juice (blend about 3 pcs of pandan leaves with water)
75 gm. water
25 gm. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
a little green colouring (omit if your pandan juice is green enough)
2 Tbsp. oil
(1) Sieve glutinous rice flour into a bowl.
(2) Boil coconut milk, pandan juice, water, sugar and salt till boiling then pour into the glutinous rice flour and mix it into a soft pliable dough.
(3) Divide dough into small portions of about 30 gm. each (depending on the size of your mould) and wrap with green bean paste.
(4) Press into angku kueh mould and then knock it out onto a piece of banana leaf.
(5) Steam over medium heat for 10 mins.
(6) Glaze hot angku kueh with some cooked oil.